Sunday 31 October 2010

Taking Quality Time out to Think

I love to take time out most days to have some quiet, quality time to gather my thoughts and get my head clear. The day to day noise of business can often be difficult to cut through when trying to resolve an issue or get your head clear for quality thinking and new ideas to form.

I shot this video on holiday last week to share with you how I like to take time out to gather my thoughts:



I also take our Jack Russell puppy out for walks at lunch time or late afternoon and on these walks I usually take my iPhone and headset with me so I can listen to motivational audios or talks I'm putting together. Today, I went on one such walk and listened through the talk I'm doing next week in Bristol. I record my talk onto audio using the Voice Memo app on my iPhone and then I can listen to it anywhere I'm on the go; even in the car.



The photo on the left was taken on my walk today and I love this tree. We're lucky to live on the edge of some wonderful countryside.

So take some time out this week and spend it quietly, gathering your thoughts and leave all the clutter behind. Just zone out and let your mind clear and you'll be amazed at how you can then allow new thoughts and ideas to flow in. It's also a very effective way of getting your mind straight when you have an issue you're trying to resolve.

Please let me know how you get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment